Ephesians 3:20

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us...

Monday, August 9, 2010

Cookies

I absolutely refuse for it to be A WHOLE YEAR between posts. Good thing I made it just in the nick of time. A whole week early. Wow, that’s sad.

I wish I could say that we had been doing all this fun and exciting stuff and that is why I haven’t updated. But I cant. We have just been living life…working, traveling some, sleeping when possible, and spending as much time as a family as we can manage.

I should probably catch you up a little on what has been going on the last year. I started a new job in December. I’m still with the same company, just a much different position doing finance and budget. Yes, I’m serious. I know, I never thought I’d see the day. I do like it, and the people I work with are great! Alan started his new job in March. The best part about that? He no longer has to travel EVERY WEEK! YAY!!! I have a husband again. His position is much different as well, but it is going great.

We have amazing twin 15 month old boys. They love to walk (ok, run) around the house, play with their toys, and read books. Their new favorite thing to do is throw the ball for Buddy. Please keep in mind that “throw” is a relative term. It’s really more like holding the ball up in the air, saying “baaaaaaaaa” and then one of three things happens:
1. Grayson slightly moves his arm and lets the ball go about two feet in front of him. Buddy just stands there and looks at him, like “Really? That was a throw?”
2. Grayson actually throws the ball. Buddy gets annoyed that it wasn’t a far enough throw, so Grayson ends up going to get the ball himself.
3. Ethan holds the ball behind his head while Buddy barks in his face. Buddy eventually gets so tired of waiting on Ethan that he just walks behind him and takes the ball out of his hand.

The boys love their day care (as do we) and they are learning all kinds of amazing things. They are painting (I am so glad they do this at daycare – not in my house!!), learning their colors, playing with beads, and learning all about animals. They are just growing up so fast!

So, now for the part you’re actually interested in…the pictures. A little background: Our wonderful friends, Marc and Andrea, moved back from DC this weekend. YAY!!! In addition, our other wonderful friends, Kirk and Rachel, came up from Austin. So, on Saturday, Rachel and Andrea brought us lunch. Such sweet friends! The boys especially thought so because this lunch included the most chocolately chocolate chip cookie I have ever seen. Needless to say, they loved it and made a complete mess! It was awesome!

2 comments:

  1. WAHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! an update!!! And the boys look WAY TOO BIG! Tell them that I said STOP IT! Their hair is growing, so they look like big boys =(
    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This update makes me sooooooo happy! I can't believe how big they are (doesn't everyone say that?)! I need to hug them very soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete