Ephesians 3:20

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us...

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Home Sweet Home!!!

No, your eyes aren't playing tricks on you. And no, I'm not being ironic either. I finally got to come home!!! It was so exciting. The doctors had told me that it wouldn't be until Wednesday, but they surprised me yesterday morning with another sonogram and test to see if I was at risk for pre-term labor. The sonogram looked great, and the test came back negative. We got the good news about 10:00 yesterday morning, and we were out of the hospital by 11:00. We wasted NO TIME getting out of there. We captured the last time I was wheeled out of that door! After 4.5 weeks, I had pretty much moved into that hospital room! Fortunately, my husband is a master packer! It's amazing we got it all out in one trip. Here's the cart...




I don't think I have ever been so excited to see my house! And Buddy was very excited to see his Mama, too. I thought that you would all get a kick out of this picture. This was my greeting when I got home - there was no stopping this dog from kissing his Mama!

So, I will be 34 weeks on Wednesday. All of the doctors are thrilled that we have been able to hold off labor for 5 weeks. However, they still hope for me to make it to 37! I will remain on bed rest at home until at least 35 weeks, maybe 36. I am still on the tributalene pump, and also have to monitor my contractions and blood pressure from home. This will continue until 36 weeks. After that, its time to get moving and try to get these babies to come meet us! The ideal situation is for me to go into labor naturally between 36 and 37 weeks.

Thanks so much for all your love and prayers. I truly believe that God has honored all the requests brought to Him, and blessed us throughout this time. We look forward to meeting these two little guys (in about 3 weeks) and for you all to meet them too!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're home!!! I'm sure Alan is, too:) Our prayers are still with you and the boys! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wuhooo!! So happy for you. You can make it just 2 or 3 weeks. I can't wait to see pics of the boys. They better not be thinking they are going to stay in there forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! i know you are so glad to be home!!!!
    you are such a good mama - such a trooper!
    does this still mean you will be up late? sorry we never chatted last week... im a bad trip planner =)

    did you get my package?

    love you friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so happy to hear the news today! I loved that picture of Buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer,

    I have been keeping up with ya'll and I am so glad you are getting to go home! I will have my second baby (a girl) in less than a week... I cannot imagine carrying two or being still so long on bed rest. You are a champion mama already!

    Jennifer (Maxwell) White

    ReplyDelete