Ephesians 3:20

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us...

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Parents - Day 1

Well...one day down. A lifetime to go. It's been amazing so far. Tons of firsts. Not a lot of free time. Imagine that. The boys are doing well, but will remain in the NICU for most of next week. They are being a little stubborn feeding and the nurses are watching for jaundice. The staff has been awesome. We get to go see them as much as we want. The downside of the great NICU care is that they are not available to see or hold outside of the NICU. So anybody that wants to see them will have to wait until they come home probably. Sorry!



Jennifer is doing well. Still swollen and a bit groggy. She has already started walking a little bit today. We will probably be here until Wednesday.



We are at Harris Methodist HEB in Bedford, TX, Room 119.



The Mississippi Girls have been bugging me plenty to see their Fairy Godsons. So here are some pics. Captions come before the pictures. I'm too tired to write more.

Jennifer at 35 weeks 3 days before she left the house for the last time pregnant.

Getting ready for birth.

Grayson at 4 mins old.


Grayson and Mama.

Ethan at 6 min old.

Ethan and Mama.


The whole family in the operating room.


Mama with her boys.


The new Boone clan in the NICU.


11 comments:

  1. The pictures are just so sweet! Thank you, Alan, for posting them. I'm afraid we wouldn't have left you alone until you did! I am so happy for y'all...everyone just looks so happy:) The boys are absolutely perfect and beautiful! We love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boys look great! So happy for yall. I can tell Alan is one proud papa!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited! Thanks for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad everyone is doing well! You all make a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alan & Jennifer, This is Dara. Sorry I'm accidently posting from Dade's account. Dade is glad all of you are doing well, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What handsome boys!! I am so glad that you guys are doing well! I can't wait to meet them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! They are soooo precious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Although you do not know us, Linda and I wish to congratulate you on your new family. May God Bless all of you.

    Friends of your Mom & Dad
    Linda and Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWWWWWWWWWWWW these pictures give me chill bumps!!!! im so happy that all is well... i know that those boys will start eating well soon!!!! i love them so much already!!! they are beautiful just like their mama and daddy. so happy. so so happy.
    i was freaking out in NYC b/c i could not see pics - didnt have my computer til this morning!!! love you all and will talk soon. i know it is going to be busy... gonna try to call again later - but dont worry if you are too busy =) y'all are going to be awesome parents... E & G don't know how blessed they are! but one day they will! tell beard i love her and that she looks GORGEOUS! not fair - just had major surgery and TWO babies and looks like that?!?! stunning.
    love to all four of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I left a comment yesterday, but I must not have done something right. My new Fairy Godtwins are PRECIOUS!!!!! I can't wait to hold them and hug them!!! I really, really love the picture of both of the boys laying with their mama. I know I have told you already, but you are going to love having boys!!! Boys love their moms!!! Love y'all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are such beautiful babies! Congratulations to you both! Cora can't wait to meet her new friends!!!

    ReplyDelete