Ephesians 3:20

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us...

Saturday, March 7, 2009

4 Weeks and Counting...

It's hard to believe that I have already been on bedrest for four weeks. Hopefully five more weeks to go! The nurses tell me that if I make it to 34 weeks, then the boys will be developed enough that they will just let me go home and go into labor naturally. So, that is what we are hoping for. It would be nice to actually be at home for a little bit before they get here.



The past couple of days have been a little hectic here in the hospital. I know, I know...how can laying in the hospital be busy? The babies and I have to be monitered every day, so I have to go down to Labor and Delivery for at least an hour. There are lots of medications to take throughout the day. And I had to take the very yucky 3 hour glucose test. Not to mention all the doctors and nurses in and out all day long. The boys continue to be very active and are always doing good. My body, on the other hand, is not cooperating quite as well. I am having intermittent contractions again, but we can still control them with the pump. The bad news, though, is that I failed the 3 hour glucose test (only by one point - which really stinks!!) According to the doctor, this is not unusual with multiples. And since I am already in the hospital, they are just going to go ahead and regulate my diet for gestational diabetes. Again, not the best news ever, but I just have to eat the food they bring me.

I think that is all the news we have. Thanks for all the prayers and support!!

2 comments:

  1. oh no! so no more care packages full of candy?
    boo.
    love you - thanks for the update! and cheers to healthy babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennifer, I had glucose problems with Adeline, I actually wish they had put me on the diet, then maybe I wouldn't have gained 70 lbs! We are thinking about you and praying for you as these last few weeks go by.

    ReplyDelete